There are different conditions that may require special help for your baby or child. I hope you will find the information on the following pages helpful. If you have additional needs or conditions you would like researched, please let me know and I’ll be glad to find the best available resources. Also, if you have good links on these or other conditions you would like to share with other parents, please let me know that too.
I have collected some good information and resources about special needs kids and how to parent them. You may find these on my Pinterest board, Special Needs Helps
Autism– Signs and symptoms, diagnosis, help and therapies
AD(H)D– Signs, symptoms and Strategies
Learning Differences – Signs, symptoms and early intervention
Cerebral Palsy– Early detection and intervention greatly improve the outlook for children with cerebral palsy. Learn more about this condition, signs, symptoms, treatments, and support
Parenting Children with Special Needs
- An article for Dad’s of kids with special needs: Guide for Dads
- A list of ways to become a resilient parent: Resilience for Parenting
- A Power Point presentation for parents with special needs kids: Special Parent Special Kids
- 5 Qualities Needed for Parents of Special Needs Kids: 5 Top Qualities
- A checklist for evaluating whether to use a new therapy or medication: Checklist
- A pamphlet on attributes that lead to success in special needs kids: Attributes for Success
- Routines and Special needs kids: Routines and Children with Disabilities
- The need for respite is vital: Taking Care of Yourself Can be the Biggest Callenge
- Mommies of Miracles– a very resourceful FaceBook page.
- Teaching about money and finances for special needs kids.