John Gottman identified 13 things all couples do who have an amazing sex life. This was from a study of more than 3,000 couples over 40 years.
Let’s start with The Disasters:
- They spend very little time together during a typical week
- They become job-centered (him) and child-centered (her)
- They talk mostly about their huge to-do lists
- They seem to make everything else a priority other than their relationship
- They drift apart and lead parallel lives
- They are unintentional about turning toward one another
- They say “I love you” every day and mean it
- They kiss one another passionately for no reason
- They give surprise romantic gifts
- They know what turns their partners on and off erotically
- They are physically affectionate, even in public
- They keep playing and having fun together
- They cuddle
- The make sex a priority, not the last item of a long to-do list
- They stay good friends
- They can talk comfortably about their sex life
- They have weekly dates
- They take romantic vacations
- They are mindful about turning towards
Now you cannot do it all right away. This is a blueprint outlining the best practices and the goal for your relationship. Take a step today in the right direction. Keep trying and become Masters not Disasters.
See: The Sex Life of Masters and Disasters – the results of John Gottmans’ research of those with amazing sex lives.